In this article, we’ll take you through a step by step guide on how to clean your window tracks like a pro because clean window tracks are more important than you think.
Homeowners not cleaning their windows regularly leave themselves open to all kinds of problems. For starters, dirt stuck in the tracks can affect how smoothly windows slide, making it difficult to open them on a breezy day. If the tracks get dirty enough, this could lead to more serious issues like mold growth.
Let us break down what supplies are the most useful so you can spend less time cleaning, and more time relaxing with your loved ones.
Tools You Need To Clean
Prepare the necessary materials needed before you start cleaning.
A vacuum cleaner with a narrow attachment is handy when cleaning window tracks. Before using any cleaning products, it’s best to vacuum the tracks to get any large chunks of dirt out of the way.
An old toothbrush is helpful when cleaning window tracks. You can use it to scrub those narrow areas the vacuum cleaner cannot reach.
Butter Knife and Rag
A rag or paper towel wrapped around the end of a butter knife is an easy way to get into the tight edges of a window track.
Mix up a cleaning solution if you don’t already have one. We recommend using water, vinegar, and baking soda.
The spray bottle will occupy the vinegar and water solution.
Microfiber Cloth or Any Dry Rag
Microfiber clothes are best for drying the window tracks. A microfiber cloth can also avoid scratching the tracks and the glass window.
Step By Step Guide For Track Cleaning
- Step 1: Homeowners who want to clean their window tracks should move any furniture blocking the window and open it all the way. If there is a screen in the window, it can be removed and cleaned separately.
- Step 2: Next, use a vacuum cleaner with a narrow attachment to get all the loose dirt from the track.
- Step 3: If the dirt is tough to remove from the tracks, a baking soda solution can soften it. Spread the baking soda evenly on the window tracks. Mix water and vinegar in an equal ratio and put them in a spray bottle. Before spraying this solution onto the tracks, sprinkle a bit of baking soda in them. These three ingredients combined will create a chemical reaction that will fizz. Wait a few minutes, then use your paper towel or rag to wipe down the tracks.
- Step 4: If any dirt is left over after wiping up your solution, you can use a butter knife and a paper towel to get in any hard-to-reach areas. Put your paper towel on the track and use your butter knife to glide it down the edges.
- Step 5: Lastly, give your tracks one more good wipe-down. This will ensure your tracks get thoroughly dried.
The Best Window Cleaners in Town
If you need some help ensuring your window tracks are clean, contact the experts at Bailey Boys Services today!
Bailey Boys is a full-service company specializing in window cleaning and track maintenance. Our experts can handle everything from routine window cleaning to screen and track cleaning.
We know that safety is essential for you and your family, so we take care of it as if it were our own. We use high-quality products that are safe for you and the environment and always treat your home respectfully. We are with you every step to ensure no matter what type of service you need.
If you’re unsure what kind of service you want or how much it will cost, give us a call today!